- New report: Future Proof: Preparing young Canadians for the future of work
- Study finds that university degree didn’t deliver income, skills level that students expected
- From Policy Options: The Changing Nature of Work
- The Saskatchewan Career Development Association has held its first official AGM and has launched its website. Congratulations!!
- RBC has just announced a $500 million investment in youth career development over the next 10 years. More, including their launch video, is accessible at: http://www.rbc.com/dms/enterprise/futurelaunch/all14-all-or.html
- Career Competence is a free self-assessment and professional development planning tool. Career Development Practitioners can assess their competencies against The Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners (S&Gs). Use this resource freely and share it widely with your colleagues, co-workers, and contacts: http://careercompetence.ca/
- Check out 3CD’s media release on Budget 2017. We encourage you to share this widely through your social media channels and personal/professional networks.
- Career Competence is a free self-assessment and professional development planning tool based on the Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners (S&Gs). Use this resource freely and share it widely with your colleagues and contacts.
- Just released: Opportunity for All? Exploring the Social Barriers to Post-Secondary Education in Nova Scotia
- Is the Millennial Side Hustle the new normal?
- Recent developments for Careers New Zealand and the NZ Department of Education: http://www.education.govt.nz/ministry-of-education/consultations-and-reviews/recent-consultations-and-reviews/outcome-of-careers/
- NZ has released their new Employability Skills Framework
- See the latest newsletter from the BC Centre for Employment Excellence. Check out their Employment Training Hub
- Academica Forum argues that career development must be an integral part of the mission of education – Education & Career Development: An Academic Mission for the 21st Century.
- For those interested in the connection between career development and mental health – http://www.universityaffairs.ca/news/news-article/dalhousie-prof-test-mental-health-framework-five-institutions/
- Changing places: Mid-career review and internal mobility… brought to you thanks to the ICCDPP, this presents the policy context and responses that help extend lifespan participation in the workforce in a sustainable way.
- Making Career Development Core Business
- Do Postsecondary Graduates Land High-skilled Jobs?
- The impact of career development activities on student attitudes towards school utility: an analysis of data from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development’s Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA)
- Labour Market Assessment 2015 from the Office of the Parliamentary Budget Officer – noting that the proportion of recent university graduates aged 25 to 34 who were overqualified based on their educational credentials has increased from about 32% to 40%!
- We are very pleased to inform you that the 3CD 2016 Annual Report is now available. We hope you will take some time to read about the significant accomplishments this past year and to consider our priorities moving forward.
- STU CONGER AWARD FOR LEADERSHIP: We are delighted to announce that the 2017 winners of the Stu Conger Award for Leadership in Career Counselling and Career Development are Laurie Edwards and Clarence DeSchiffart. Congratulations to these two deserving recipients!
- OPEN ACCESS JOURNAL: The most recent issue (Volume 5, Issue 1) of the Indian Journal of Career and Livelihood Planning (IJCLP), is now freely available online. The articles in this issue represent the contributions of 15 authors from five countries, and four continents and address wide-ranging topics. Consider submitting an article.
Career Developments profiles progress in the field of career development nationally and internationally, including updates on training, certification, evidence-based research, policy and practice. Career Developments is published quarterly by CCDF in collaboration with the Canadian Council for Career Development (CCCD).