There are many possible paths to becoming a CDP. There are National Certification Standards and National Recertification Standards for practice as well as provincial standards. As a first step, we encourage you to learn more about becoming a certified CDP by contacting the Career Development Professional Association nearest you:
- British Columbia Career Development Association
- Career Development Association of Alberta
- Career Development Practitioners Certification Board of Ontario
- Manitoba Association for Career Development
- New Brunswick Career Development Action Group
- Nova Scotia Career Development Association
- Career Development Association of Prince Edward Island
- Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Career Practitioners
- Saskatchewan Career Development Association
- L’Ordre des conseillers et conseillères d’orientation du Québec
Many post-secondary institutions now offer Career Development programs. A listing of programs across Canada is available by clicking here. This information has also been organized by learning modality (e.g. distance, in-person, fully online).
For a listing of 3CD members, click here.